Universal Broadband Communicator and Optional WI-FI Adapter
The Uplink 5200 communicator expands the capability of a dial-up alarm system to transmit signals over the internet. It is the cost-effect solution where there is broadband internet service but no analog telephone line to connect to the alarm system. The 5200 is for retrofits on existing systems, takeovers and new installations.
The 5200 converts the dialer output of an alarm system to an IP signal transmitted securely over the internet to an Uplink server. A connection is then made to the central station delivering the alarm signal. The 5200 supports two-way voice sessions as well as remote programming and touch-tone remote control.
The Uplink® Broadband communicator expands the capability of a Contact ID dial-up alarm system by enabling it to transmit signals over the internet. It is a cost-effective solution where there is broadband internet service.
*For wireless connections, use the Model 5300 Wi-Fi adapter for installations.
- Easy to install; uses transformer (provided) or other 12V source.
- Hardwired between alarm dialer and internet service.
- Includes RJ11 dialer cable and Cat5 ethernet cable.
- Most installations use default settings.
- Uses phone number and account number from dealer website for easier takeovers.